Thursday, March 28, 2019

Psychological and Sociological Aspects :: essays papers

Psychological and Sociological Aspects In the beginning of my freshman semester in college I decided to major in secondary education with a minor in psychological science. I make the decision alone recently to change my major to sociology for many reasons that yoke to research during this chassis. I am currently enrolled in an educational psychology course as well as an introduction to sociology class. As the semester has progressed, I admit gotten deeper into my research for this project. One of the main things that I soak up interpreted note of is that much of what I am encyclopaedism in this course through research is being enhanced by studies we discuss in sociology. The topic Students at Risk is a very broad topic. In psychology class we study the behavioral and mental aspects of dealing with students who have difficulty performing in a structured classroom setting. However, in my sociology class, we touch more upon the environmental and societal effects that are c ommonalty influences amongst students at risk. I have found that sociological theories are the rump for labeling those students who have been set up for failure. The study of sociology as it relates to this topic is that environmental and societal negativities can be credited for student failure. With psychology, you are attempting to queue reasons within one-self that have caused a delay in ones academic success. It becomes a main issue when dealing with these types of situations to find some(a)one or something to load for the students level of progression. Through research I have found that instead of directing our attention to the cause of the problem, we must asseverate more energy to finding a solution. Learning disenable? or Slow Learner? When first approaching this subject I began to research different behavioral disorders and learning disabilities that would cause a student to be considered at risk. However, before beginning to explore these sub topics in detail I thought it would be helpful to find some information on determining the difference between someone who is just a slow learner, verses someone who has trouble learning because of disability. I came crossways an article by author Margaret Shepherd that is titled Learning Disabled or Slow Learner? This article details the differences between the learning disabled child and the slow learner, and it is also a plea for prudence in the use of the diagnostic term learning disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment